Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Making memories and collecting WOW's

 








Geocaching in itself is a very memorable sport.  One of the nicest things about it, I would have to say is the thought that most people actually put into their hides.  I really like to go to places and look at something of value.  The hidden treasure can also be the place that you end up.  I really like looking for the well though and planned hide, but in addition to that I like going to a place that gives me that wow factor!

Years ago I worked for Dyer County Sheriff's office in Dyersburg Tennessee.  I traveled the county over so many time I can not or would not even guess to count,  but I had never noticed a covered bridge (located in Trimble TN) before I became a geocacher.  The Ermersion E.Parks Cover Bridge (GCNA17 ), is one of those that caught me by suprise!  I had been in this area a million times and had never noticed this bridge.  It was really cool to know that it is one of only three covered bridges in the state of Tennessee!  When I looked at the bridge all I could do is stare in amazement.  What a WOW factor!

I always have and always will appriciate a spot of wonder and beauty.  I remember when I steeped into the area with this covered bridege, I said to my wife "I parked my car just up the road, and never paid attentio to that bridge!"  As you can tell in the above pictures, it is wonderful!

I also went to another geocache called Lookee Yonder (GC30QQQ), located in Samburg TN, near Reelfoot Lake.  The lake itself is a wonderful beautiful piece of history!  I have been traveling to this place since I was a child.  I come to the flea market often and enjoy the really amazing craft fair that comes every year!  I have NEVER noticed this place before Geocaching brought me here.  It isn't a really big park, as a matter of a fact it is quite tiny, but the view of it is definitely a huge WOW!
The Economy is really bad, things are tough all over, but my WOW's are maxed out, and I have made some memories, that I am just itching to share with you.  I have no spoilers in my pictures, but I do have some amazing memories, and some dang good wows!

No comments:

Post a Comment