Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Keeping up with my hidden treasures!


I learned that I loved more than I can express to go geocaching!  Then I learned how (after reading a lot) to hide my own geocache.  It takes a lot to choose the perfect spot, then get the proper permission to make your hide.

My daughter Bethanie hid her first geocache  "To drain the bootheel" (GC3359W).  She chose the location because the place makes her happy.  She loves to sit here and to watch what's going on.  She found a very nice little spot and even came up with her own hint.  I was very excited to hide this one for her.

We went on our family walk and as usual, I check a few geocache in the area to make sure they are well kept, and in good shape.  Beth ran to her famous hiding spot and removed her geocache to inspect it.  I asked her to count the number of visitors that she had since August 28th.  She counted them and was so very happy to discover that not all of the names on her geocache we entered into the web site. 

She smiled and said "that is good isn't it daddy!"  I told her that it was awesome! I really like getting the IPhone notifications that someone has logged a find at one of my geocache, but in keeping up with my property, I really enjoy finding the extra names.

I always take extra logs whenever I go somewhere, that way if I can help a fellow cacher out I will.  As we all know that spend out time looking for these things there are several truths we can not deny!  1). You can NOT hide enough of these things for me to find (I LOVE IT!) 2). I would go everyday if I could!  3). WE ARE HOOKED!!!

If  you are reading this and have not hid one, take the time to go to Geocaching.com and look up how to hide one, read ALL of the rules, and for heavens sake HIDE ONE!  I would like to visit a special place of yours.

Remember, we may hide them and you may find them, but your autograph at my geocache becomes my newest treasure.  So with great pride I will continue to explore new places to hide them, but with that I will go by and check on them just to see who rewarded me with a visit.

My treasure is when you visit my hides, and I promise to keep them in as good of shape as possible!  Have a great time and Happy Hunting to you!

No comments:

Post a Comment