Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Nothing is what it appears to a geocacher!

 








Once there was a much simpler time, a time when you could take things at face value.  A time when a rock was really a rock, that all changed thanks to GEOCACHING!  The above geocache is one available on eBay for sale, as a cache by Kevin.  It just goes to show you at the level of creativity that is given to geocaching.  There is nothing in this world that can describe the rush you get from finding one that was "hid well".

I am often asked about my geocaching post, and what geocaching really is.  I can explain it all day long, and it may sound really "stupid"....to a muggle.  There is no way to describe what it is I feel when I go to a strange place and look for the proverbial needle in a hay stack.  That adrenaline flow when you find that hide, the excitement.  The ones that use the urban camouflage are the ones that interest me the most.  I really like having to use all the descriptions availible and the clue, as well as the occasional picture to find the cache.

I remember a time not so long ago, that I could walk in an area without kicking in the geocaching app on my IPhone, but those days are long over.  I regularly walk with my family now, something that NEVER happened in the past.   On our walks we go past several geocache that I have found in my early adventures.  I find my self looking around for muggles, and if there are none I like to look back and see who else new has came.

Some people that get into the "Ninja Art" do not log on the GEOCACHING.COM web site and use other forms to locate the geocache, therefore it doesn't always reflect an accurate count on line.  It is always cool for me to find a new name or the occasional path tag, or even a travel bug.  Please keep in mind as a novice geocacher, that you probably should start off with the free basic account on geocaching.com, and work you way up to the membership.

For you cachers that follow me, you will understand this far better than our muggle friends that do not.  I want you to really think about this before you answer!  When you pass a place that you found a cache, don't you think that it's funny, that you now look at that place remembering the find you had there?  I apparently have caused a few of my readers to start the art, and easily get blamed for being hooked.  Keep in mind this is what happened to me thanks to Jerry Hudgens and a federal prisoner transoprt trip to East St. Louis Illinois.  (see earlier blogs on how I began).

I want to start a geocaching society if you will.  I want our goals to be themed geocache, and the hard to find rush getters that make you smile so hard that yu face almost rips with excitement!  I want to do a rememberance series, (for a couple friends) a mosonic/eastern star series, an awareness series, and seasonal themes.  If  you have any other ideas please e-mail me, post on comments, or however you can find me.

I have a challenge for every reader!  If you are a Geocacher find a muggle and convert them!  If you are a muggle and follow because you like me, are related to me, or someone suggested this blog as a precursor to sleep, grab a geocacher and make them show you what it is this is all about!  What you will find out is the world will never be the same again!  Nothing is what it appears to be, and as you will see in a couple of pictures at the end, you have seen them, but you did not lnow what you saw!

GEOCACHING FOR LIFE!!!




 


No comments:

Post a Comment