Sunday, October 30, 2011

What to do on the cold rainy day!

 
It's raining, its pouring, I can't go geocaching and it's boring!







I remember the first time that it stormed really bad when I wanted to go geocaching.  I was not so happy on that day.  I had to build a back up plan for those horrid days.  I sat around the house, while my wife was at work, the kids were all vegged out on the couch. 

Watching TV wasn't really high on my to do list, so I thought about what I could do.  It hit me!  I was going to do some serious homework.  I went on the Geocaching.com web site and put in all the zip codes that were in our tri state area.  I found a bunch of interesting cache listed.  I studied them and made a nice little plan list.  I went over it and looked for all of the shopping centers that I could drop my wife off at when she didn't feel like going.  I mad a nice little travel itinerary based on proximity to her shopping.


I kind of go through that faster than planned, so my next plan was to sit and think about all of the places in my area that had meaning to me.  I began to build my hide wish list.  I looked over the Missouri Department of Conservation rules and regulations for my hides, and began the process to obtain proper permits and permission.

I used some of the time to make my photo album of geocaching fun!  This turned out to be enlightening as well.  i was surprised on how well some of the pictures turned out.  Not just the pictures of the finds, but the others I took as well.  I made some choices on that cold rainy day to do plans for hunts on better days, create the ultimate hides in my new work shop (Get ready for some tough ones!) and my photo passion as well. 

I have plans to make another geocaching magazine.  I would love some input on what you think about that idea.  Somehow, someway I pray that GOD allows me to find a way to work from home and or travel.
 


In the fun of the sport, true beauty is found, even if accidentally.

No comments:

Post a Comment